Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tango with Teela...


Zookeepers do a morning inspection of all the animals, including Teela.


I said to the zookeepers, "You guys can see that she's 'foaming at the mouth,' right? And you want to get up really close to her... ? Alright, I'll do it!"

I was with the Exotics team again today so I thought I'd show you one of my buddies, Teela. She's a dromedary camel and very friendly. The very kind zookeepers suggested I get up real close to Teela for a good photo. If you know a little about camels, you may know that the word "mouthwash" is not in their vocabulary and they have very bad breath. Anyway, of course I made a face and a fuss about the fact that she was kinda slobbery, (as all camels are.) But, being a good sport, I said, "Come on, Teela, give me a good smooch!" (Little did the zookeepers know that being able to smell Teela's "bad breath" was not in my répertoire!) They were impressed at my good-natured stoicalness!


Teela has a very soft nose and big lips; she has long lashes and big dark eyes; and she's very charming. I think she's sweet on me!

No comments: