Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fly to Sydney...



If you were wondering... "Where is he now...?"
I flew from Perth back to Sydney a couple of days ago. After months on the road, I decided I needed a break from travelling so I've rented a room in a old terrace house in Paddington, a suburb of Sydney, for the next three months and plan to settle into city life.

Although I don't consider myself a 'city person', Sydney – despite it's appearance from 3,000 ft. – is manageable. There are numerous activities and opportunities to avail oneself of, and I plan to do just that until July 31st., when I fly back to the States. :-)

Today, I enrolled in a 10-week art instruction program at the oldest, continually operating art school in Australia, the Julian Ashton Art School. I've never taken art instruction so this will be a new experience for me. I'm looking forward to my first class this week!
http://julianashtonartschool.com.au/



Sydney's many harbors, as seen from 3,000 ft.

2 comments:

ZIELA SHERON said...

wow! nice shot!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wep--

I mailed your package to you on Wednesday, you should get it in the next 5-10 days. How does it feel to be settled in one place for now.

I didn't realize that Sydney had so many inlets to its harbors. It really does look beautiful.

I will be curious to see what you get yourself into in Sydney...well, besides the art class which sounds really great!

Love you, Lise xooxoxoxoxoxxo